Records are microfilmed and originals
destroyed in compliance with the NYS SARA ED-1 Retention Schedule. Those
with short term retention are stored and available for retrievals and
we provide systematic disposal of obsolete records as well.
2-Orleans BOCES Records Management/Microfilm Department provides timely
retrieval of student and financial records to subscribing
security and protection of all information in microfilm or document form
and provide space/storage efficiency to office areas, which
eliminates the need to purchase new file cabinets or storage shelves.
- Timely Retrieval of student and financial records.
- Systematic disposal of records according to ED-1 NYS Retention Schedule.
- On-Site Information Records Workshop.
- Standard boxes supplied for transfer of records to records center.
Procedure for Requesting Microfilmed Records
2 component school district Guidance and Business Offices may request a
copy of student or financial records by contacting the
Records Management office at BOCES 2.
Benefits of Records Management
- Space savings - Records will be microfilmed, shelved or destroyed according to ED-1 NYS Retention Schedule.
- Security and protection of information in microfilm or document form
- Cost containment, savings or office space/storage areas, and unnecessary purchase or new filing equipment.
- Records Storage. Short-Term records stored and retrieved.
- BOCES 2
- Churchville-Chili Central
- Gates Chili Central
- Holley Central
- Kendall Central
- Spencerport Central
- Wheatland-Chili Central
For more information, contact:
Lisa Soggs, Records Management Coordinator
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Records Management
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (585) 349-9092
Fax: (585) 349-9090
3625 Buffalo Road
Rochester, NY 14624